FeinCMS 1.9 release notes¶
Welcome to FeinCMS 1.9!
Extensions in the item editor¶
Extension fieldsets are now presented using a tabbed interface in the item editor as well to raise their visibility.
Removal of deprecated features¶
- The table content type has been removed. It has open bugs for more than two years which weren’t fixed, and now that we’ve moved on to newer versions of jQuery, the table content didn’t even load.
- All extensions should inherit from
feincms.extensions.Extension. The support for
register(cls, admin_cls)-style functions has been removed.
- Unknown page model fields (for example those added through page extensions)
aren’t added to the administration interface anymore. Use
modeladmin.add_extension_optionsif you want extension fields to appear.
_feincms_extensionsproperty on the page model (and on all models inheriting
ExtensionsMixinhas been removed. It has been deprecated since FeinCMS v1.7.
Notable features and improvements¶
- The bundled versions of jQuery and jQuery UI have been updated to 1.9.1 and 1.10.3 respectively. Custom confirmation boxes have been removed and standard ones are used instead now.
- The diff between 1.8 and 1.9 is large – most of it because of coding style cleanups. flake8 runs should not show any warnings.
- Extension classes can be passed directly to
Compatibility with Django and other apps¶
FeinCMS 1.9 requires Django 1.4 or better. The testsuite is successfully run against Django 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6. Django 1.7 is not supported.