FeinCMS 1.2 release notes¶
Welcome to the first release notes for FeinCMS!
FeinCMS 1.2 sports several large changes, including:
- Overhauled item editor. The new item editor uses standard Django administration
fieldsets; you can use almost all standard Django configuration mechanisms.
show_on_tophas been deprecated, standard
fieldsetsshould be used instead.
- The split pane editor has been removed. It wasn’t much more than a proof of concept and was never bug-free.
- The required Django version is now 1.2. Compatibility with older Django versions has been removed.
- The rich text configuration has slightly changed;
CkRichTextContenthas been completely removed in favor of a rich text editor agnostic configuration method.
TINYMCE_JS_URLshould be replaced by an appropriate
FEINCMS_RICHTEXT_INIT_CONTEXTsettings value. See the Content types - what your page content is built of documentation for more details.
- A new content type,
TemplateContenthas been added which can be used to render templates residing on the hard disk.
feincms.models.Baseis still available,
feincms.models.create_base_modelis the more flexible way of creating the aforementioned base model. If
create_base_modelis used the base model can be freely defined.
- Many small improvements and bugfixes all over the place.